9 July 2019 In Non classé
Confit of Qwehli® Patagonian toothfish, radish pickles and miso condiment.
Chef Steeven Gilles
– Celeste* – The lanesborough hotel – Londres
- 130 g fillet of Qwehli® Patagonian toothfish
- 20 g grapeseed oil
- 30 g rice vinegar
- 15 g sugar
- 10 g honey
- 10 g soy sauce
- 80 g orange juice
- 25 g miso paste
- 5 g ground almonds
- 5 g mirin
- 5 g sesame paste
- 50 g miso radish
- 100 g multicoloured radishes
- 20 g Japenese radishes – daikon mooli –
- Remove the skin and portion the Patagonian toothfish before placing in a vaccum bag with the grapeseed oil. Cook at 54°C for 6 minutes. Coat the top of the fish generously with the miso seasoning then brown with a blowtorch. The Patagonian toothfish is deliberately cooked at a low temparature using a neutrol-flavoured oil to retain all the natural texture and flavour of the product.
- Mix the rice vinegar with 30 g of water and the sugar, then bring to the boil. Pour over the radishes. Cover and leave until cold to make the radish pickles.
- Create a caramel with the soy sauce and honey. Deglaze with the orange juice and reduce by 2/3. Then blend with the miso paste, sesame paste, miring and ground almonds.
- Plate the fish with the radish pickles.